So, if something is good, why change? Because you always want to improve right? Well this was a hit! You are going to want to make this one. And, the crema sauce, takes this to another level. Let’s see what we need here:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 jumbo avocados
- 1 bushel cilantro
- 4 (or more) fresh jalapenos
- 1 lime, fresh squeezed
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb of fresh large shrimp
- 1 cup of coconut flour (you can use almond flour if you like) you can find it on Amazon here –> https://amzn.to/3kB1M9n
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 squeeze of coconut flavored sweet drops (this is the secret weapon) find on amazon here –> https://amzn.to/3iBlPTn
- Folio cheese wraps (your tortilla replacement)
In your blender, place your avocado, sour cream, cilantro, salt, squeezed lime juice, and jalapenos. Mix in blender until crema is smooth. Remove lid, give it a good stir and taste. If you need more heat or more salt, add as needed. Place lid back on and mix again. Once nice and smooth, place in fridge while prepping the shrimp.
Peel, de-vein, and wash your shrimp. Set up your batter station with a bowl with your beaten egg, coconut flour, and coconut flakes. In your egg wash, squirt 1 squirt of the coconut sweet drops. This is very powerful so be careful here. This really helps add back in the sweet flavor of coconut the unsweetened coconut doesn’t have. Place your shrimp in the coconut flour first, then the egg, and lay on the coconut. Ensure both sides get coated evenly. Place on your air fryer rack. Repeat until all of your shrimp is battered. Insert racks into your pre-heated air fryer and cook for 12 minutes at 375 degrees. Once your time is up, remove and let rest.
Microwave your folio for 1 minute 45 seconds to get it good in crunchy. If you like it softer, go less. Of course add more time to get it even crispier. Enjoy!