Guys, if you love casseroles, then you will love this one. Plus, it’s super simple to make and jammed with flavor. You will not be disappointed, I promise. This dish is something we had all the time prior to living the Keto lifestyle and now we can enjoy it once again!
- 2 large chicken breast, boneless/skinless
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbs grass fed butter
- 2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated natural cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 slices natural cheddar cheese slices
- 2 cans (4oz each) green chillis (optional but you should use)
- 1 can Rotel (homemade tomato sauce would be a better option)
- 8 homemade Keto tortillas. Here is the link to my previous post making them –>https://justaketoguru.com/2020/09/27/keto-tortillas-the-real-deal/
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion (optional)
- Seasonings of choice (salt, pepper, mango habanero, cayenne)
Start with slow cooking your chicken. You can use any method you want but options should be either in the crock-pot or stove-top for a few hours to get your chicken shred tender. I suppose you could buy pre-shredded chicken but why when cooking your own is so simple.
We cooked ours stove-top in chicken broth and seasonings. Just cook to a boil then simmer until done. Let cool then shred. Start with caramelizing your onions in butter, then add your broth and chicken. Throw in a can of green chilies as well.
In the same pot you cooked your chicken (don’t drain the broth), add your shredded cheddar, green chillies, shredded mozzarella, sour cream, heavy cream and Rotel, seasonings of choice and mix well.
Get your casserole dish out and line the bottom with about 1/2 of your mixture.
After you have the 1st half of your mixture in, add 6 of the homemade keto tortillas. Dump the other half of your chicken mixture on top, put your slice cheese (in smaller squares) on top, add the last 2 tortillas (in cut pieces), and 1 can of green chillies. Sprinkle a little more mozzarella on top if desired (you should).
Cover in foil, bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. Remove the foil and put oven on broil for a few minutes to crisp and melt the cheese topping. Let cool a minute, serve and enjoy!